Tasneem MosamTel: 011 837 8259
Cell: 073 211 3988
- Bsc (physiotherapy)
- Diploma in modern Montessori
- BLS for Healthcare Providers
The chequered life of Tasneem Mosam
Set out with the goal of providing a solid foundation for learning. The succeeded it took a physiotherapist at Kagiso Hospital in the West Rand to convince me that I could make a difference in people’s lives.
I graduated from Wits University in 1992. A diploma from the college of modern Montessori dispelled myths of childhood development.
Attending Dry needling, Headaches, Strapping courses as well as the Pain Conference since its inception, made a huge difference to her practice.
About my work experience:
- Hillbrow hospital: The reality of state health care in South Africa
- Garden City Clinic: All practitioners in different specialties showed different approaches to treatment.
- Private practices in Johannesburg CBD
- Sophiatown Mediclinic: Made an indelible mark to her practice. The lengths a physio would go to, to provide excellence in treatment to a cross section of patients whom state hospitals had failed.
- Akeso Psychiatric care and Drug Rehabilitation Clinic: The power of the mind and the frailty of the body can wreak havoc on an individual. A holistic and team approach is the answer
- Volunteer at CANSA: The awareness that pain well managed with family support and caring health professionals is the best approach to people with a dreaded disease.
- CD Physiotherapy: Adding another dimension to being a professional.
- Bsc (physiotherapy) University Of Witwatersrand
- Diploma in modern Montessori: College of Modern Montessori
- BLS for Healthcare Providers: American Heart Association (CRP and AED)
- Various short courses and lectures for professional development
- Hillbrow hospital (all departments) 1992 – 1996
- Long and short term locums at private practices from 1996 to date:
- Madel Breedt – Rustenburg North West
- Faeda De La Rey – Mayfair
- Rivadh Singh – Akeso
- Hema Gopal – Absa HQ & Mayfair Medical Centre
- Faeeza Bhayat – Anglo Gold & The Star Newspaper
- Tony O Connor
- Zaheda Moga
- Ashira Singh
- Janine Berry
- Nizam Latha
- Faeeza Adam
- Sadia Adam
- Tennis, travelling, reading and hiking
- Initiation of support groups for parents who have children with ADHD.
- Workshops by health care professionals to teachers about learning disabilities.
- Lecture to parents and teachers about diet and learning disabilities (specifically ADHD.)
- Lecturers to school and groups promoting the physiotherapy.
- Interviews on local radio stations to create awareness of ADHD.